PRESENTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Presenter shall comply with all reasonable directions of CONASTA 70 Conference and Event Management, its officers, employees or agents.
- The Presenter shall comply with all CONASTA 70 policies and procedures as reasonably required by CONASTA 70.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Committee who reserves the right to reject any abstract it considers does not meet the conference criteria.
- Due to time restrictions in the conference program, it may not be possible for all proposals for workshops to be included in the program, particularly presenters with multiple submissions.
- Should your workshop be accepted, presenters will be eligible for a discounted registration price. If you would like to attend sessions other than your own you will be required to register for the Conference.
- Should the Presenter no longer be able to present, the Presenter will notify CONASTA 70 in writing providing as much notice as possible and will not replace themselves without discussing a suitable replacement speaker and obtaining the agreement of CONASTA 70.
- The Presenter will advise and consult with CONASTA 70 if they plan on delivering the same content at another event within the four weeks prior to their speaking engagement with CONASTA 70. Please note this is done to try and avoid conflicts with competing events and organisations.
- The Presenter consents to CONASTA 70 recording (by any means) their presentation and agrees that the recordings are able to be used by CONASTA 70 for its educative and related purposes as it relates to this event.
- The Presenter confirms that the presentation is not plagiarised and does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any other person.
- CONASTA 70 may publicise the Presenter as a participant in the Conference, and use the Presenter's image, logo, biography and titles for that purpose.
- The Presenter shall acknowledge that all statements, analysis, opinions or conclusions made in the course of the presentation are their own.
- The Presenter shall not, as a result of presenting at this event, hold themselves out as having had their statements, analysis, opinions or conclusions endorsed by CONASTA 70.
- The Presenter shall behave in a civil and appropriate manner and not unlawfully bully, sexually harass or discriminate against any person involved in the Conference.
- CONASTA 70 may cancel or postpone a Presenter's presentation at any time.
EXHIBITION REGULATIONS & CONDITIONS
If the Exhibitor / Sponsor fails to comply with the terms of this agreement, the Organisers shall have the right to re-let their booked space or sponsor opportunity. As a result, the Exhibitor / Sponsor will be liable for any loss suffered by the Organisers, and all monies paid by the Exhibitor / Sponsor will be absolutely forfeited to the Organisers. In the event of the Exhibitor failing to occupy their booked space by the advertised opening of the event, the Organisers are authorised to occupy or cause the said space to be occupied in such manner as they deem best for the interest of the Exhibition, without refund to the said Exhibitor and without releasing the Exhibitor from any liability hereunder.
- FINAL PAYMENT
Exhibitors / Sponsors have fourteen (14) days to make their final payment, post the due date. After this time, if monies have not been paid, the stand will be available for sale to another Exhibitor / Sponsor and all deposits paid will automatically be forfeited, and no refund will be given. No Exhibitor / Sponsor shall occupy his/her stand space in the Exhibition or receive any sponsor entitlements until all monies owing to the Organisers are paid in full by the Exhibitor / Sponsor.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The Organisers will be prepared to consider cancellation of their Contract with Exhibitors / Sponsors, only if the following conditions are complied with:
- The request for cancellation is submitted in writing to the Organisers;
- The reason given for the request of the cancellations is, in the opinion of the Organisers, well founded;
- If cancellation is accepted more than six months before the Exhibition, the Organisers shall retain an administration fee of $100;
- If cancellation is accepted between six months and three months before the Exhibition, the Organisers shall retain 10 percent of the contract price;
- If cancellation is accepted between three months and 30 days before the Exhibition, the Organisers shall retain 50 percent of the contract price;
- If cancellation is accepted less than 30 days before the Exhibition, the Organisers shall retain 100 percent of the contract price.
- EXHIBITOR RESPONSIBILITIES
All Exhibitors shall be producers, importers or representatives for goods and/or services displayed. No Exhibitor shall display on his stand any advertisement for goods manufactured and/or sold, or services provided, by a non-Exhibitor unless written permission has been obtained from the Organisers.
No stand may be sublet in any manner without consent of the Organisers.
Exhibitors shall comply with the rules and regulations stipulated by the Organisers, the Health Department and the Metropolitan Fire Brigade and with all relevant State and Commonwealth Acts.
The Exhibitor will not damage any walls, floors or ceiling of the Exhibition Area in which his/her stand is located with nails, screws, oil, paint, or any other material whatsoever.
No Exhibitor shall erect any sign, stand, wall or obstruction which, in the opinion of the Organisers, interferes with an adjoining Exhibitor.
The Exhibitor is responsible for the safety or his products, display and stand. During the bump-out period, material should not be left unattended at any time.
All Exhibits and display material must be removed from the site by the time and date indicated by the Organisers.
It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to leave his stand space clean and tidy during the Exhibition and after bumping out.
All Exhibitors / Sponsors hereby accept liability for all acts or omissions committed by themselves, their staff and any directly associated contractors, agents and visitors, and undertake to indemnify the Organisers against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses whatsoever, which may be taken or made against the Organisers or incurred or become payable by them, including any legal costs and expenses and any compensation costs and disbursements paid by the Organisers on the advice of Counsel to compromise or settle any such claims, relating to the aforementioned acts or omissions. This liability extends to include samples and products distributed by the Exhibitor / Sponsor of any kind, whether such items be sold or given away free. Notwithstanding the indemnity hereby given, the Exhibitor / Sponsor undertakes to arrange appropriate third party liability insurance.
The Organisers shall not be responsible for any damages claimed by any person or persons who may be injured whilst in the area allotted to the Exhibitor / Sponsor. The Exhibitor / Sponsor agrees to indemnify the Organisers in the event of any claim made against the Organisers.
The Organisers and venue owners will NOT be responsible for the safety of any Exhibit or property of any Exhibitor / Sponsor or any other person, for the loss or damage of, or destruction to same, by theft or fire or any other cause whatsoever, or for any loss or damage whatsoever sustained by the Exhibitor by reason of any defect in the building caused by fire, storm, tempest, lightning, national emergency, war, labour disputes, strikes or lock-outs, civil disturbances, explosion, inevitable accident, force majeure, or any other cause not within the control of the Organisers or for any loss or damage occasioned, if by reason of happenings of any such event the opening of the Exhibition is prevented or postponed or delayed or abandoned, or the building becomes wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Exhibition. The Exhibitor agrees and undertakes to insure in their full replacement value the contents of his/her stand and all associated equipment and materials.
- RIGHTS OF THE ORGANISERS
The Organisers reserve the right, in unforeseen circumstances, to amend or alter the exact location of the stand, and the Exhibitor undertakes to agree to any alteration to the site or the space reallocated by the Organisers.
The Organisers reserve the right to postpone the holding of the Exhibition from the set dates, and to hold the Exhibition on other dates as near to the original dates as practicable, utilising the right only where circumstances necessitate such action and without any liability to the Organisers.
If due to any unforeseen circumstances it is found necessary to close the Exhibition on any day or days, or to vary the hours during which the Exhibition is open, the Organisers reserve the right to do so, at their sole discretion.
The Organisers reserve the right to stop any activity on the part of any Exhibitor that may cause annoyance to other Exhibitors or visitors. Business must be conducted only from the Exhibitor’s own stand and under no circumstances may this be carried out from a gangway or elsewhere in the Exhibition. Any encroachment upon gangways or passages shall be deemed to be a breach of contract and articles or goods found therein during the period of the Exhibition may be removed by the Organisers or their agents. The Organisers shall not be responsible for any loss thereto occasioned by such removal. Any publicity material shall be displayed and/or given away only from the Exhibitor’s own stand unless otherwise discussed by the Organisers.
The Organisers may from time to time add to or vary the foregoing rules and regulations and do anything at their sole discretion they deem desirable for the proper conduct of the Exhibition, provided that such amendments or additions do not operate to diminish the rights reserved to the Exhibitor under this agreement and shall not operate to increase the liabilities of the Organisers.
Exhibits are admitted to the Exhibition, and shall remain there, solely on strict compliance with these Rules and Regulations. The Organisers reserve the right to prohibit in whole or in part and reject any Exhibitor or his/her representative in the case of failure to comply with the Rules and Regulations. There shall be no return of payment if the Organisers deem such rejection or prohibition necessary.