The University of Adelaide
North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia
We are proud to welcome the University of Adelaide as the CONASTA 70 Conference Partner and venue host.
The University of Adelaide is a world-class research and higher education institution situated in the heart of Adelaide, one of the world’s top 10 most liveable cities.
Getting around the city and its surrounds is easy with free trams running up and down North Terrace all hours of the day.
North Terrace Precinct
This central location and the free tram gives us access to a range of cultural, scientific and health organisations along North Terrace.
- SAHMRI – South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute which is South Australia’s flagship independent not-for-profit health and medical research institute and the building is commonly referred to as the cheese grater
- MOD. – Australia’s leading future-focussed museum provoking new ideas at the intersection of science, art and innovation.
- Art Gallery of South Australia – where you have the chance to investigate the connections between art and science by exploring a diversity of works in the Gallery’s collection
- SA Museum – has five floors and endless wonders to discover including a large collection of Ediacaran and Cambrian fossils
- Lot Fourteen - a global precinct - focused on innovation, entrepreneurship, research, education, culture, and tourism - to grow jobs and the South Australian economy
- Australian Space Discovery Centre - here you can explore the latest innovations in space technologies. Learn about Australia’s role in space and be inspired by stories of opportunity, curiosity and technology
- Adelaide Botanic Gardens – where you can explore the beauty and diversity of plants from across Australia and around the world and they have some exciting new educational programs in development
- Adelaide Zoo - one of Adelaide's most iconic attractions, is home to 2500 animals and 250 species of exotic and native mammals, birds, reptiles and fish - including the Giant Pandas
…Plus more, which will be incorporated into the CONASTA 70 program through social functions and offsite excursions & workshops.